According to the World Health Organization, some diseases, such as most cases of Hepatitis A, can strike travelers who adhere strictly to the beaten path and stay only in middle to upper class accommodations.
Happily there is something that you can do to ensure your peace of mind and good health - and that of your family. Avail yourself of the preventative medical services of the Travel Health Centers of San Diego. The Travel Health Centers of San Diego offer individually tailored programs to help insure the health of world travelers. These programs are administered by a board certified specialist in Internal Medicine. Some of the essential services provided by our Centers include:
- Compilation of a pertinent medical history
- Provide a physical exam, as needed.
- Correlation of your medical history, exam, and travel itinerary in order prescribe and administer immunizations specific to the diseases to which you might be exposed.
- If appropriate, administer Yellow Fever Vaccine. Many countries will require such vaccination as a condition of entry. (Our Centers are among the few authorized to give this vaccine)
- Furnish you with the International Certificate of Vaccination as required by the World Health Organization.
- Counsel you about precautions and hygienic practices to further reduce your risk of disease exposure during your trip.